Thursday, January 21, 2010

Haiti Relief

I’ve taken a few weeks off from blogging, but I’m back. Lots of thoughts rolling around in my head, and lots of things I want to write about, but just haven’t taken the time. As I’ve watched the news, seen the pictures and listened to stories coming out of Haiti the last week and a half, my heart has been broken. Seeing the pictures and hearing the stories about children, many of whom have lost their parents in the earthquake, is especially difficult.

What can we do? Most of us can’t physically go now, but we can certainly pray and we can give. No matter how big or small the amount, we can all give something. As has been said from numerous places, besides the need for medical personnel, money is the number one need right now. If you don't know where to give, Compassion International (compassion.com) is a great organization working in Haiti and 100% of funds given will go to relief efforts. No matter if you give to Compassion or some other organization, find a place to give and be generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment